This shrine or Ashapura is steeped in antiquity as far as its origin is concerned. There are references to this goddess in the Puranas, Rudrayamal Tantra and so on which are all said to point to this shrine in Kutch.
Be that as it may, today there is no trace of any ancient records or writings which give any indications of the beginning of worship at this shrine amongst the existing records in the possession of the trust.
Time: 5:00 am to 1:00 pm | 3:00 pm to 8.30 pm
Chaitra Navratri Mahotsav Vikram Savant 2074
Savant 2074, Fagan Vad Amas(Full Moon) || Saturday. Date 17-03-2018. Time 09:00PM.
Savant 2074, Chaitra Sud 1, Sunday. Date 18-03-2018.
Savant 2074, Chaitra Sud 7, Saturday. Date 24-03-2018. Time 09.00 PM.
Time 01.15 PM.
Special Arrangements During Navratri
- Special buses has been arranged for Yatris from Bhuj S.T. Bus Depot to Matanamadh. These buses will take off every 10mins from Bhuj to Matanamadh from platform No. 1 of Bhuj S.T. Bus Depot and the same service is provided at Matanamadh as well.
- A mega camp is organized by the shrine trust just about 1.5 kms away from the Matanamadh temple, which would accommodate approx 2500 padyatris at a time. Here they can relax and freshen up before going to temple for darshan.
- Arrangements have been made to keep the footwear of the padyatris in various stalls locks to avoid loss of footwear.
- Special bathing and accommodation have been provided at CHACHRA KUND for padyatris, so they can have sacred bath at Kund before going for the darshan.
- Darshan timings during Navratris: 05:00am to 01:00am
Arrangement of S.T. Buses
- Direct buses from Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Siddhpur, Mahesana and Radhanpur.
- You can avail buses every one hour or so from Bhuj ST bus Depot.
- There are four private bus service providers from Ahmedabad to direct Matanamadh.You can also get private buses from Bhuj to direct Matanamadh every hour or so.
- If you are arriving by train, Bhuj railway station is the last station.
- If you are flying to Bhuj by air, Bhuj Airport is the last destination stop.
- Please note that cracking of Shrifal (Nariyal) is NOT ALLOWED during Navratri. Only full Shrifal is allowed to serve as Prashad.
- For any other enquiry / assistance / help / gift or donation, please contact MATANAMADH JAGIR TRUST OFFICE, which will be OPEN 24 hours during the Navratri.