This shrine or Ashapura is steeped in antiquity as far as its origin is concerned. There are references to this goddess in the Puranas, Rudrayamal Tantra and so on which are all said to point to this shrine in Kutch.
Be that as it may, today there is no trace of any ancient records or writings which give any indications of the beginning of worship at this shrine amongst the existing records in the possession of the trust.
Darshan and Aarti Timings
Mangla Darshan: 05:00 AM
Dhoop Aarti: 09:00 AM
Sandhya Aarti: At Sunset
મંગળા દર્શન: સવારે 05:00 વાગ્યે
ધૂપ આરતી: સવારે 09:00 વાગ્યે
સંધ્યા આરતી: સાંજે સૂર્યાસ્ત સમયે
Special Arrangements During Navratri
- Special buses has been arranged for Yatris from Bhuj S.T. Bus Depot to Matanamadh. These buses will take off every 10mins from Bhuj to Matanamadh from platform No. 1 of Bhuj S.T. Bus Depot and the same service is provided at Matanamadh as well.
- A mega camp is organized by the shrine trust just about 1.5 kms away from the Matanamadh temple, which would accommodate approx 2500 padyatris at a time. Here they can relax and freshen up before going to temple for darshan.
- Arrangements have been made to keep the footwear of the padyatris in various stalls locks to avoid loss of footwear.
- Special bathing and accommodation have been provided at CHACHRA KUND for padyatris, so they can have sacred bath at Kund before going for the darshan.
- Darshan timings during Navratris: 05:00am to 01:00am